Re: how can I exclude a user from an import

From: Frederic Payant <no email>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 21:30:40 +0100

Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> :

>On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 21:02:55 +0100, Frederic Payant <> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I want to migrate a database. I've a lot of users in it and I would
>>prefer to avoid to recreate them individually.
>>Is there a way to import the content of a full export without
>>importing sys and system, but creating all other users (and their
>>objects) ?
>>
>>(Oracle 817, Solaris 8)
>>Regards
>>Frederic PAYANT - junior DBA ;-)
>

>SYS is never exported and never imported, because any DDL will modify
>the SYS schema.
>Of course also your SYSTEM schema doesn't contain any tables that you
>want to preserve, except those generated by Oracle software, which
>will be safe to import.
>So actually this should be a non-issue, if you only want to exclude
>SYSTEM.
>
>With importing in usermode (fromuser= followed by touser=) I am afraid
>you will be forced to pre-create the accounts.
>You can of course easily create a script to pre-create them
>simply
>select 'create user '||username||'identified by values
>'''||password||''''
>from dba_users
>( I leave the default tablespace and temporary tablespace as an
>excercise for you)
>and the same mechanism you can use to generate a series of
>imp <username/password> fromuser=<username> touser=<username>
>
>Unless of course you want to use the OEM point and shoot method, which
>will definitely end up in a much slower import.
>
>Hth
>

>Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
>
>To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address

Hi Sybrand,
Thanks a lot for your answer, it is of a great help. I'm asking me 2 more questions. 1 about full import : What does happen to Oracle packages and procs when importing from 1 version to another of Oracle, or when importing to a database whith some packages that I don't want to install ? Will import create them anyway ?
The second question is about importing user by user : do I have just to recreate users or must I affect them their roles etc...

Thanks again and have a nice day
Regards
Frederic PAYANT - junior DBA ;-) Received on Thu Dec 19 2002 - 14:30:40 CST