Re: Using verify_function once it has been initialized

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 16:05:22 -0000

As far as I know, the only simple method for changing passwords when a verify_function has been attached is to use the PASSWORD command from within SQL*Plus.

As you will have seen, the verify_function has to have the old and new passwords as inputs - and NOTHING knows the actual value of the old password, so it has to be supplied by the user in response to a prompt.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Coming soon a new one-day tutorial:
Cost Based Optimisation
(see http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/tutorial.html )

Next Seminar dates:
(see http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html )

____England______January 21/23

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

<9ca71242.0212190747.159c85ac_at_posting.google.com>...