TNS-12571 TNS:packet writer failure while trying to install a db

From: konzi <member_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:23:34 +0000

TNS-12571 TNS:packet writer failure during db creation

Yesterday I've installed Oracle 9i release 2 on my Windows 2000 pc. Everything went fine. Then I've installed OWB. Still everything was ok. Then I've installed JDeveloper and the BI Beans. After then, I was not able anymore to start the dB instance. So I've removed everything again, cleaned-up the registry and the file system, and re-installed Oracle 9i, but now I'm not even able to install an instance. I do get the error: TNS-12571 TNS:packet writer failure while trying to install a db using the "db configuration assistent". And some of the time I've get an "End of communication channel" error (which is anyway one of my most favorites ;-) ) I've even tried to install an 8.1.7. instance but still no success!!The error remains!!!!! What do I have to do now? Format my disc? Buy a new computer? H E L P?

thank you

robert

rkonzelmann_at_yahoo.de