"Tuning" small tasks ...

From: Jan Gelbrich <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:27:11 +0100

Hello,

it is not really a tuning question I think, but although the instance has been tuned, I sometimes observe strange things like the follwing in SQL*Plus:

I could not verify what may cause this behavior. It happens on normal times or on heavy duty times (with much redo), with 300 sessions online, but only 10 active simultaniously at the peak. I (think that I) have appropriate hit ratios and so forth.

Is there a general reason that could slow down small actions like DESC ?

My system:
Oracle EE 8.1.7 on AIX 4.3.3,
C/S env with 300 users using Oracle Forms runtimes on Windoze. Only 4 developers and 1 admin connect to Oracle by SQL*Plus.

Any comments greatfully appreciated.

Jan Received on Thu Dec 19 2002 - 04:27:11 CST