Replicated Trigger

From: Alex Vilner <alex_at_sinoma.com>
Date: 18 Dec 2002 12:31:40 -0800

Hello,

I have 2 Oracle 8.1.7 servers (call them A and B). Server A has a table that we would like to replicate over to server B. Currently, I have fast snapshot replication enabled (snapshot is created on B).

I would like to have a trigger created on server A, that is "replicatable" to server B. The trigger will use the DBMS_REPUTIL.FROM_REMOTE to determine whether it is running on A (TRUE?) or B (FALSE?).

How is the trigger defined as "replicatable"? Is it done automatically? Will this approach (the snapshot replication) work for what I am looking to do?

Thank you in advance.

--Alex Received on Wed Dec 18 2002 - 14:31:40 CST