Re: Tx lock problem with bitmap index

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 16:18:14 -0000

I suggest you look at my article on
www.dbazine.com about bitmap indexes
for a detailed explanation of what you are seeing.

Bottom line - you don't do single row
processing with bitmap indexes in place, and you don't do concurrent processing
with bitmap indexes in place.

To split hairs - it's not a limitation, it's a restriction. (i.e. It's not a problem by accident, it's a necessary implementation detail of the feature).

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Coming soon a new one-day tutorial:
Cost Based Optimisation
(see http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/tutorial.html )

Next Seminar dates:
(see http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html )

____England______January 21/23

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Saikat Chakraborty wrote in message
<1f619969025c2aa41c6f1e8ef513c8b6.16981_at_mygate.mailgate.org>...

>Hi,
>I am facing a possible oracle limitation in Oracle 8.1.6 (Solaris 7)
in