SIMULATING DISTRIBUTED TRANSACTION FAILURE

From: Brit Pop <brit.pop_at_virgilio.it>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 15:46:26 +0000 (UTC)

Hi all,

has anybody ever simulated a distributed transaction failure?

I would like to make some test, and in order to have the views DBA_2PC_PENDING and DBA_2PC_NEIGHBORS populated, I've been suggested to use the statement COMMIT COMMENT 'ORA-2PC-CRASH-TEST-n' , where n=1,2, etc.

However, this method doesn't seem widely documented.

Any comment about?

Thanks,

BritPop