Re: Small footprint database server

From: Mike Sherrill <MSherrill_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:34:40 -0500

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 07:53:35 -0500, "Useko Netsumi" <usenets_at_nyc.rr.com> wrote:

>To DB Guru out there,

Well, I'll try to be helpful anyway.

"Small", "minimal", and "current" aren't really meaningful in this context. But Mimer SQL (www.mimer.com) might be worth a try. Version 9.1.2 takes 24 megs of disk in its own directory. (I don't know what it dumps into system32.) Native performance is fine for me on a lightly loaded NT Workstation having 64 megs of RAM. According to its documentation, this version complies fully with SQL-92 entry level and SQL-92 transitional level. (It passes all the NIST tests for those levels of compliance.) Also supports parts of intermediate and full SQL-92. (It doesn't support deferred constraints--part of full compliance with SQL-92--which disappoints me.) Supports ODBC, JDBC, and embedded SQL.

--
Mike Sherrill
Information Management Systems