Re: Ora 8i to Ora 9i move; PL/SQL compatibility

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 18 Dec 2002 07:02:12 -0600

On 17 Dec 2002, cosmini_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> hi all, we're trying to move (or rather, run) our many pl/sql
> packages from Ora8i (8.1.6 - 8.1.7) to Ora9i (latest) and are
> having some problems with the code. Is there a list of PL/SQL
> gotchas, things to be aware of when patching the backend to
> latest version?

Have you tried Oracle's migration utility? I'm using it right now to get a SQLServer app running on Oracle (notice everybody I said, get it running and not port). I'm quite impressed with the code it generates. I would assume its functionality for porting Oracle to Oracle would be quite robust.

--
Galen Boyer