Re: List Price of Oracle 9i Personal Database ?

From: Martin Doherty <martin.doherty_at_oorraaccllee.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 17:21:19 -0800

Clarification: Dan is referring to the cost of the CD media pack. This is quite separate from paying Oracle a licence fee to use its software for any production purpose. If you check store.oracle.com you will see a Perpetual Named User licence for Oracle 9i Personal Edition costs $400. If you order the CD pack, one licence, product support and update subscription the total is $527.95 + shipping & handling + tax if applicable.

If you sign up at technet.oracle.com you can download and use the Personal Edition (or Standard, or Enterprise, or lots of other Oracle software) for free, as long as you obey the terms of the Oracle Technology Network License Agreement (you have to accept the license before you download). This license does not permit you to use the software for commercial or internal data processing, and you will get no official product support, but you are at liberty to use the software for learning and developing applications. Note, this is *full featured* software with *no* expiration date. Enjoy!

Martin Doherty