Re: HotBackup Dilema

From: Chucky <chuck.carson_at_syrrx.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 14:56:43 -0800

When I try that I get this error:

SVRMGR> alter database recover until cancel

      2> ;
alter database recover until cancel
*
ORA-00283: recovery session canceled due to errors ORA-01610: recovery using the BACKUP CONTROLFILE option must be done SVRMGR> The control being used was backup using 'alter database backup control file to /some/path'

Is this correct?

What I am doing is taking a hotbackup and putting on an entirely different server and testing a restore.

Thx,
CC

   http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Tue Dec 17 2002 - 16:56:43 CST