Re: imp timeout

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 22:58:20 +0100

In addition to Sybrand's post.
When you write a script for crontab keep in mind that /etc/profile and .profile are not run.
Include them in your script when necessary.

Another solution is to start the command nohup and in the background. Redirection of standard output and standard error makes it complete (without it nohup.out will be the file standard output/error is redirected to). The nohup enables you to logoff without stopping the process. It will become then a child of process 1.
You need to start it in the background (the "&" does that) because bringing it to the background with Ctrl-Z normalley pauses the process. You need the command prompt back to be able to logoff. Example:

     nohup your_script > your_script.log 2>&1 & or

     nohup imp parfile=your_parameterfile.prm 2> imp.log 2>&1 & The parameter file should include every option (the password included) because no interactive action is possible.

Tom <tomNOSPAM_at_teameazyriders.com> schreef in berichtnieuws SWKL9.13823$ny1.110906490_at_news-text.cableinet.net...