Re: setup on 9i

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 06:51:46 +1100

"Ted" <root_at_aol.com> wrote in message
> So now when I click auto run it brings up the splash screen.. I click
> install/Deinstall, hard drive spins for about 30 sec and the splash screen
> goes away and nothing... Any ideas now?

Are you sure you're being patient enough? The splash screen does disappear, but the Welcome screen of the universal installer should eventually pop up.

It can take a minute or so sometimes.

If that's not it, how clean a machine is this? Any prior Oracle installations? Of different versions?

And who are you logged on as? A local administrator account, I hope (though since all your other machines installed without a hitch, I expect you've got this bit sorted).

Keep me posted...

Regards
HJR