Re: "log on as" W2K server, Oracle 9i

From: Brian E Dick <bdick_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 19:50:52 GMT

"Galen Boyer" <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com> wrote in message news:uvg1sbg65.fsf_at_standardandpoors.com...
> On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, bdick_at_cox.net wrote:
> > The second machine is where the network drive is located. By
> > having the same local account on both machines, the Windows
> > authorization mechanism will allow the machines to talk to each
> > other.
>
> I see. We have hundreds of networked machines, so this would seem
> unacceptable as a solution, but, at the same time, we probably
> won't have Oracle writing and reading all over the place either.

Yea, the idea is that you won't have many machines involved and having local accounts is manageable.

> > I know that synchronized local accounts work. I don't have a
> > domain server in my home office, so I can't troubleshoot using
> > a domain account.
>
> Thanks for your help. Much appreciated. I will talk to the
> admin fellows and see if they can create a local user for this
> purpose.

If you have administrative rights to the machines, you can add the local account yourself using

    Control Panel.Users and Passwords

or from the command line with

    net user orauser * /add

Later,
BEDick

PS

Do you really use the hotpop.com account? Or is that a spam sinkhole? Received on Tue Dec 17 2002 - 13:50:52 CST