Re: mapping segments to sessions

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 19:03:42 +0100

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 17:54:43 GMT, "clueless" <ro_cright_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>I am trying to trace segment growth in the temp tablespace back to a
>specific session. The tablespace will grow rapidly (40Gb) without warning.
>I have identified the segment names that are causing the growth (sys.4.2,
>sys.5.153602,etc.) but I am unable to map that back to a specific session
>id.
>
>Is there a way of mapping the segment name back to a specific user/process
>id?
>
>I have looked at several of the segment views and cannot determine the path
>to get me back to a specific user/session id.
>
>Clueless.

depending on version (why are the people responding always left *clueless*) you would need to query v$sort_usage and v$sort_segment.

The name of a temporary segment is simply the file and the block number.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Dec 17 2002 - 12:03:42 CST