Re: jrew using 90% cpu

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 17 Dec 2002 07:37:07 -0800

"Ginger Mall" <bocgco_at_hongkong.com> wrote in message news:<3dfeb5d1$1_at_shknews01>...
> Abandon windows and migrate to Linux/Unix will be the final solution.

> > > This is happening occasionally on a win2k workstation running OEM 9.0.1
> > > console. Most of the time it runs fine but sometimes it starts chewing
> up
> > > CPU cycles like mad when the console isn't doing anything. Anyone else
> seen
> > > this and if so how did you fix it? Oracle's suggestion is to stop and
> > > restart the console. That works to fix the problem after it happens. I
> want
> > > to prevent it altogether.

You should know that JAVA is fully platform independent language. That basically means that all bugs, performance problems and hangups can be easily ported between various platforms. :-)

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.