Re: "log on as" W2K server, Oracle 9i

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 17 Dec 2002 08:33:23 -0600

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, bdick_at_cox.net wrote:
> Is the account set to "run as part of the operating system"
> (i.e. a service)?

Hm... No. It is a domain account. I was assuming that I am supposed to run oracle under an administrator's account but modify Oracle's service "log on as" to a domain account. Then, in doing so, whenever Oracle accessed a UNC drive, he accessed it through the permissions of that domain account.

What does "run as part of the operating system" do for the domain account?

How does one make a domain account "run as part of the operating system"?

Thanks.

--
Galen Boyer