Slow export - OPTIMIZER_GOAL=FIRST_ROWS

From: Ton <76434.1353_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 17 Dec 2002 02:02:58 -0800

I have for some days terrible slow exports. I red on metalink that export will be slow if in the INIT.ORA file the parameter is set: OPTIMIZER_GOAL=FIRST_ROWS which is the case in my DB. The advise is to create a seperate EXP IMP user
(CREATE SESSION, EXP_FULL_DATABASE, role IMP_FULL_DATABASE role)

which will activate for this account the trigger : CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER LOGINTRIGGER AFTER LOGON ON "EXPORTUSER" BEGIN EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'ALTER SESSION SET OPTIMIZER_GOAL=CHOOSE'; How do I implement this if the exports are executed from the OEM and the jobs are runned by the SYSTEM acount which is set in the Preferred Credentials.

I do want to make use of the export functionality in the OEM instead of activating seperate scripts.
Thanks Received on Tue Dec 17 2002 - 04:02:58 CST