moron OEM and RBS

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 16 Dec 2002 16:59:12 -0800

...So someone decides to add a datafile to the RBS tablespace because a gigantic update filled up the original. OK, fine. I decide I want the original one and don't want the new one. The new one just has 3 extents from the RB segment in it, no problem, right? Increase size of original datafile. Shrink the segment, offline the segment, drop segment, offline the new datafile. No wait, now it is offline(recover), recover it. Try alter database datafile ... offline drop, OEM says it needs recovery. OK, recover it. Put datafile online, try command line offline drop again. Oh well, recover it again, leave it offline. Create new RB segment online with OEM, look at tablespace map... what the... It puts online segment extents in offline datafile??? Offline and drop new segment, iterate, thinking that can't be real. Finally shrink unwanted datafile to 16K, able to create new RBS's in proper datafile.

sigh...

2.2 OEM on 8.1.7 hp/ux 11.

jg

--