Re: Oracle 8.1.7.4 Performance Issues

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: 16 Dec 2002 14:55:06 -0800

Burkhard Kiesel <burkhard.kiesel_at_siemens.com> wrote in message news:<3DFD733A.84080CD3_at_siemens.com>...

> In the next morning, I ran the same queries and the first say 20 queries
> are totally slow, means times from 5 sec up to 20 seconds for each
> query. After the first 20-30 queries, the query time goes down to 0,05
> to 0,4 seconds.

You sure there isn't any stuff running at that time that uses up all memory and makes Oracle be paged out? Can't think of any reason for this slow-down early morning, other than Richard's suggestion of lack of coffee...

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optusnet.com.au.nospam Received on Mon Dec 16 2002 - 16:55:06 CST