Re: How to run oracle sqlplus on a local computer?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:51:22 -0800

Frederik Munster wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to run sqlplus on a local computer... I know that i need to run a
> server.
>
> I can't configure that server...
>
> plz help

There is insufficient information fromwhich to formulate an answer.

There is no point in having SQL*Plus unless there is an existing Oracle database somewhere to which you can connect. If so describe where it is and how you can access it (for example TCP-IP). The database can be installed on the client machine but from the tenor of your posting I think you are wholly unequipped to do much with it.

Please describe your experience and situation so that someone can better guage a useful response.

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Dec 16 2002 - 12:51:22 CST