Fine-grained auditing question

From: Trent <trent_vinyl_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Dec 2002 10:03:13 -0800

I'm thinking about playing around with this and I have a few questions. All of the documentation I've read talks and shows how to use it for watching "selects",

ie. DBMS_FGA.ADD_POLICY(

object_schema => 'hr',
object_name   => 'emp',
policy_name   => 'chk_hr_emp',

audit_condition => 'dept = ''SALES'' ', audit_column => 'salary');

SELECT salary FROM hr.emp WHERE dept = 'SALES';

If I do an update on this column, will the preceeding policy trigger an audit event? If not, can someone show me the code to do so?

Lastly, is it possible to use fine-grained auditing to track only unsuccessful selects/updates/etc? If so, how?

Thanks in advance. Received on Mon Dec 16 2002 - 12:03:13 CST