Re: alter table move into temporary tablespace.

From: Charles J. Fisher <cfisher_at_rhadmin.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:18:26 GMT

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Charles J. Fisher wrote:

> > >alter tablespace temp temporary
> > >ORA-01662: tablespace 'TEMP' is non-empty and cannot be made temporary
> > >How can I correct this?

> > By moving the permanent objects like tables and indexes out of the
> > TEMP tablespace or just drop them.

> I tried to be very careful about this, and it appears that I was. Perhaps
> I have to wait for SMON to clean something up?

After an instance restart over the weekend, I find that I can alter the tablespace temporary once more. This is a wierd bug/feature, and the metalink people didn't seem to have any idea what was going on.

I'll probably migrate the data to an LMT and drop this annoying tablespace.

    / Charles J. Fisher              | A bad design with a good presentation /
   /  cfisher_at_rhadmin.org            | is doomed eventually. A good design  /
  /   http://rhadmin.org             | with bad presentation is doomed     /
 /                                   | immediately.                       /