max IO size, Solaris 8 vxfs QIO, db_multiblock_read_count

From: Sten Rognes <scrognes_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Dec 2002 08:39:02 -0800

I am trying to accomplish 1MB reads on full tablescan but I am hitting a celling at 128K.

My setup is as follows:
- Oracle 8.1.7.2 on Sun Solaris 8

My level 12, 10046 stack trace shows that I hit a celling at 8x16K =128K. I see a lot of references to similar problems and they all indicate that I should be able to get 1MB IO with my configuration.

Please can anyone suggest what I need to do to raise the max IO size to 1MB ? (I do not have a volume available to test without file system)

Thanks,
Sten Rognes Received on Sun Dec 15 2002 - 10:39:02 CST