Re: if talbe only serveral hundred mb, can partition table prove the performance?

From: Michael Wu <kuohwa_at_ms21.hinet.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 20:49:47 +0800

Thank you for your response, our server was

Sun E3500, CPU * 4, 4GB RAM
A1000, 9GB HDD * 12, Raid 5 set ( there is only 1 logical disk )

OS: Sun OS 5.7

DB: Oracle 8.1.6.0.0 32 bit

SGA: about 1.9G,
Share pool: 600MB
Data Buffer: about 1.3G

Table names: ORDER1
Tablespace: Order1

Order split into 4 partition but still the same tablespace, because there is only logical disk, so I think there is no meaning to use second tablespace.

The index only create one for order_no.

optimizer was CBO,

I am sorry about that I can not offer the 6,7,8 to you right now, after Monday, I will in office and check the 6, 7, 8 detail.

Thank you very much!!

Regards
Michael Wu
kuohwa_at_ms21.hinet.net