Re: alter table move into temporary tablespace.

From: rs <info_at_bytelife.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 13:23:27 +0100

Hello Charles;
Because the tablespace 'TEMP' is only temporary and usually empty (check this however !) i't's the only tablespace thats quite easy to drop and re-create !

Cheers,

     Roelof Schierbeek

R.Schierbeek, DBA
e-mail: info_at_NOSPMbytelife.com
sql : www.bytelife.com/sql4dba.htm

Charles J. Fisher <cfisher_at_rhadmin.org> schreef i
> On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Sybrand Bakker wrote:
>
> > >alter tablespace temp temporary
> > >ERROR at line 1:
> > >ORA-01662: tablespace 'TEMP' is non-empty and cannot be made temporary
> > >How can I correct this?
>
> > By moving the permanent objects like tables and indexes out of the
> > TEMP tablespace or just drop them.
>
> I tried to be very careful about this, and it appears that I was. Perhaps
> I have to wait for SMON to clean something up?
>
> SQL> select count(*) from dba_tables where tablespace_name='TEMP';
>
> COUNT(*)
> ----------
> 0
>
> SQL> alter tablespace temp temporary;
> alter tablespace temp temporary
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-01662: tablespace 'TEMP' is non-empty and cannot be made temporary

> / Charles J. Fisher |"Whoever undertakes to set himself
up /
/
/