sqlnet configuration for different domains

From: OraDog <mnaser_at_attbi.com>
Date: 14 Dec 2002 17:37:03 -0800

Hello,

I have 2 different oracle databases one is Oracle.8.1.6 and the other is Oracle 9 R1
and I have the following Sqlnet.ora file:

1-Trace_level_Client = off
2-Ora_Encrypt_login = true
3-names.directory_path = (tnsnames)
4-names.default_domain = world
5-names.default_Zone = world

6-SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (none)

7-NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, ONAMES, HOSTNAME) My original sqlnet.ora file had line 6,and 7 to connect to oracle 9 from a client system, but when I added line 1-5 to connect to oracle 8i my connection to oracle 9 is failing with ORA-12154 TNS:could not resolve service name . The two databases are on two different domains. I can connect to oracle 8i with the above file but what do I need to do to also connect to oracle 9.

Thanks, Received on Sat Dec 14 2002 - 19:37:03 CST