Re: Oracle 9i for Linux Cluster Question

From: John Doe <john_at_msn.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 14:55:22 -0500

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 12:48:03 +0000, Javier Villegas wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I need to know if I could configure a Cluster Oracle 9i for Linux ?
>
> But I have not cluster hardware.
>
> I have 2 independent server with Red Hat 8.0 (connected by the LAN) (Not
> sharing phisical disks)
>
> Will I need aditional software ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Javier
> mask_at_impsat1.com.ar

Check out www.oracle.com for info on "RAC" Real Application Clusters. Most of Oracle's certified config include RH Advanced Server though. For hardware, HP has a certified "cheap" Intel platform for Oracle and RH. Also, chech their "OTN" their tech forum.

Cheers! Received on Sat Dec 14 2002 - 13:55:22 CST