if talbe only serveral hundred mb, can partition table prove the performance?

From: Michael Wu <kuohwa_at_ms21.hinet.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 23:25:05 +0800

Dear All,

I partition my order table into 4 partition and use range partition, I split it into only 1 tablespace, because the db only has 1 external disk which have 12 disks with 1 raid5 set.

After I create a new table and insert old order data into new table, I still can not fell any speed up from the new table, Did I lose some thing to setting? or the partition only suit for very large such hundred of GB but not MB?

Please give me a hint.

Thank You Very Much.

Michael Wu
kuohwa_at_ms21.hinet.net Received on Sat Dec 14 2002 - 09:25:05 CST