Re: need advice for query time on Oracle

From: Telemachus <tollg_at_tendwa.rns.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 14:30:25 -0000

Stop trying to compare the two databases. They are not the same. Instead try to figure out what is an acceptable time from your database server for that specific query result to get to your java. Then examine all the timing differences. i.e. how long from java to listener - how long for query to execute and so forth.

Once you have determined this and you have a solid idea of what time is being spent in which component then you can think that perhaps .5 sec is acceptable for that many physical IOs