Re: Oracle process timeslice,setting priority

From: David <dfairman16_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Dec 2002 01:48:15 -0800

As I mentioned in a previous posting, fortunately this is a one-off scenario and being used to create metadata for legacy data to facilitate efficient searching/indexing from now on. The data has always been in the database and my approach, given the volume of information, was to simply to use database functionality to extract all necessary information.

> Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message
> Yes you can, but Oracle advises expressly against it.
> You would also better resolve the cause than introduce 'workarounds'
> aggravating your situation.

Point taken. I am considering taking the processing out of the database; exporting the minimal amount of data necessary to achieve metadata construction, processing on a speedy local client, and importing the resultant metadata back into the database. A few testruns I've done in the past few hours suggest I should have opted for this route from the beginning :(

David Received on Sat Dec 14 2002 - 03:48:15 CST