Re: Process handle not drop after execution

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 19:56:38 +0100

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 16:59:51 GMT, "Billy Angers" <billy.angers_at_cegeptr.qc.ca> wrote:

>We launch from the DB a Java procedure that run a shell script on the
>server. In the Process explorer on the server, the process goes on but when
>he's finished and successfully executed, the handle generated by what he
>launched still alive on server.
>
>Exemple
>
>Oracle.exe (100)
> -CMD.exe (150)
> -Sqlplus.exe (155)
>
>Process with handle 150 is set to unrecognized mode and he doesn't free the
>handle.
>When starting whe get about 350-400 handles used, but one DB have reach
>14000 handles.
>An other have been restarted and 3 hours later, it as reach 750 handles.
>The only way we've found to clean this up, is to restart the DB.
>
>Anyone could help me on that
>
>P.S. French answer would be great if possible.
>

>Billy Angers

1 *WHY ON EARTH* call sqlplus from Java when there is jdbc 2 You do have an exit statement in your sql*plus code, do you 3 Refer to dead connection detection in the net8 manual and to profiles in the Oracle administrator manual.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Dec 13 2002 - 12:56:38 CST