Re: Small footprint database server

From: Holger Baer <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 16:20:25 +0100

Useko Netsumi wrote:
> To DB Guru out there, I'm looking for a small platform database that can run
> on Windows XP with the following requirement:
>
> - 1 small size
> - minimal memory requirements
> - support current standard SQL
> - support stored procedure
> - replication, nice but not required
> - support different API(C,C++, perl, ...)
>
> Thanks.

Don't know why you ask this question in this group about oracle server, which is in almost every respect NOT what you wan't, but here you are...

Have a look at firebird which is or was available on sourceforge.net: It's open source, it runs on Windows AND *nix, very small footprint and the only database except for oracle (at least that I'm aware of) that provides read consistency without blocking.

Never used replication myself, so don't know if it's provided or not.

Regards,
Holger Received on Fri Dec 13 2002 - 09:20:25 CST