Index Partition Rebuild is using Full Table Scan

From: Dave <slimdave_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Dec 2002 06:25:37 -0800

I am rebuilding multiple UNUSABLE index partitions on Oracle HP/UX ...

Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.4.0 - 64bit Production With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.7.4.0 - 64bit Production

The rebuild command ...

alter index XIE12FCT_ITEM rebuild partition Y2002_M11 compute statistics pctfree 0 nologging parallel;

... which normally completes in less than ten seconds was observed to be taking very much longer. OEM showed a "Long Operation" for the session, and is showing scans of every partition of the table, despite showing the correct SQL.

We have done this every month for over two years, and suddenly all of these rebuilds are full-scanning the source tables. We are not aware of any config changes to the DB or server.

Tables are all range partitioned by DATE with mostly bitmap indexes.

Does any have any insights here? Received on Fri Dec 13 2002 - 08:25:37 CST