Problem starting listener

From: Bobby Singh <bobsingh1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 15:50:36 -0800

Hi,

I am having problem starting listener with the following listener.ora file on 9i. Listener fails to start with error TNS-01150: the address of the specified listener name is incorrect. If I remove the first three lines, it starts up fine with each instance UNKNOWN and duplicate READY.

My tns_admin path is fine. I don't know what else to do. I want to get rid of this UNKNOWN instance.

Using red hat linux.

Thanks
Bobby

LISTENER =
  (ADDRESS_LIST=
        (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=<HOSTNAME>)(PORT=1521))

STARTUP_WAIT_TIME_LSNR = 0
CONNECT_TIMEOUT_LSNR = 10 SID_LIST_LISTENER =
  (SID_LIST=     (SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME=Data)
(ORACLE_HOME=/usr/oracle)

     )