2 2.4 cpus vs. 4 1.4 cpus

From: Allen <allenh_at_starbase.starbaseunix.org>
Date: 12 Dec 2002 09:38:45 -0600

We're thinking about upgrading our oracle production servers, going with RAC. Would you rather 2 servers, each with 2 2.4 ghz cpus, or 2 servers each with 4 1.4 ghz cpus? Our oracle license is CPU bound so we're thinking it would be better to have 2 faster cpus, but maybe oracle likes having 4 somewhat slower ones instead. Any clues?

thx.. Received on Thu Dec 12 2002 - 09:38:45 CST