Re: Is Oracle Redo log formats are documented anywhere?

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 20:33:25 +1100

11 Dec 2002 17:45:44 -0800, Dominica Leung said (and I quote):

> Do anyone know the "oracle redo log" formats documented anywhere ??

They are. You can get to them if you pay Oracle big bucks or have a back door. It's how Quest/BMC and others can do redo log tools.

Alternatively, use the log miner utilities. They are available to everyone and come with the software. Worth a look and might just do what you want?

> I know BMC has software that reads these, there *must* be some way they
> found out how to figure it out.

As I said, it cost them a bundle.

--
Cheers