Re: Cheerio for now !

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 20:23:25 +1100

11 Dec 2002 06:57:59 -0800, Dusan Bolek said (and I quote):

> I've always wanted to know where Aussies get each year after fires new
> trees to light up next year. :-)

We just plug them back in the power point... :D

You may not believe this, but most of the people I know use artificial Christmas trees. Mostly out of ecological concerns! This place can be surprising sometimes.

Then again, we have all sorts of weird things happening here this time of year. Like the two magpies and their son/daughter who follow me on Sundays while I mow the lawn. They then proceed to teach the little one to grab worms/ants/whatevers chopped off by the good old Victa. Totally oblivious to my presence or the racket of the 2-stroke.

Or the two terns that decided to make a nest on the ground smack bang in front of my parking spot in the Blue Mountains. They verbally abuse me (in "tern-ese", I can almost understand the stuff now...) every morning and evening. For interrupting their blissful home peace. And the hen doesn't even stand up in fear. I'm dying to see the chicks now!

And the orb spider in the garden, my weather predictor: every night if she makes a web, there will be no rain. If she doesn't, there will be. 100% reliable, hasn't failed me once. For years now. Multiple generations.

It almost makes me forget those nasty firebug morons who can destroy this sort of stuff in a reckless, idiotic minute...

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto