Re: rotating listener.log

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 11 Dec 2002 10:52:17 -0800

In article <3DF729E9.87FD56A7_at_artelecom.ru>, Michael says...

>Hello
>
>I have Oracle 8.0.5, Solaris7.
>What utility could you advise me to rotate the listener's log file?
>I used newsyslog, it renamed the file to listener.log.1, created new
>listener.log, but listener didnot write there until I restarted it.
>
>--
> With respect,
> Michael

AFAIK, the ability to swap logfiles for the listener without restarting it (lsnrctl set log_file <new_file_name>) only came in 8i, so you're probably out of luck. Since the listener is only used during connection time, you could probably stop and restart the listener without affecting many people unless you have very high client loads, anyway.

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Wed Dec 11 2002 - 12:52:17 CST