Re: Cheerio for now !

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 11 Dec 2002 06:57:59 -0800

Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam> wrote in message news:<3df5cd04$0$12759$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...
> Tue, 10 Dec 2002 22:01:49 +1000, Richard Foote said (and I quote):
> > Thankfully, the "rain-dance" my 6 year old daughter performed at school
> > yesterday worked a treat with NSW getting a good dump of rain which has
> > pretty well ended the bush fires and goes a little way towards helping the
> > drought as well.
>
> Get that little lady dancing more! I'm told it's all coming back by the
> end of the week...
> :(

Hm, that's what I'm calling stereotypes of Christmas. Shopping madness, Christmas trees, trumpery decorations in city streets, turkeys slaughtered in USA, some strange guy with red jacket comming from north with caribou as prime mover, Coca-Cola commercials, postcards from companies I've never heard of and wildfire in Australia.
Each year the same picture in news - wood, fire, wood, fire, wood, George Bush with first turkey, fire, house, fire, sad Aussie, fire, exhausted firefighter, fire, Canberra, cloud of smoke, concerned mayor.
I've always wanted to know where Aussies get each year after fires new trees to light up next year. :-)

> > > I'm on holiday from lunchtime today until January (!) so I'd like to
>

> Lucky devil!!!!

Oh dear, holiday! I should know this world, I've heard it somewhere sometime a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. :-(

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.