Reports Tuning issues

From: kpram27 <member_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 08:11:00 +0000

Hi,

There is a problem which a bit of a doozie!!

I have been assigned a DB Oracle 8.1.6, running on Sun Fire clusters. there are 20 CPU's and approx 20GB RAM Available. application is Oracle Apps 11i

There are some reports which run at varying times : 2.92 min (best) and 19.58 min(worst) on a single day.
This variance suggsts that there is a problem with the Server parameters.

However on taking a look:
These were some main results I got:

java_pool_size
20000K

db_block_buffers
60000

db_block_size
8192

sort_area_size
1024000

DB Cache Hit Ratio

98.6360006

Library cahe hit ratios are also all above 99%.

There are 20 LRU Latches, db_file_multiblock_Read_count is set as 32, the sort_area_size= 1024000
In fact all the Parameters seem hunky-dory!!

I Could send the output files of the Server parameters, the Memory area etc should you ask for these.

PLease do suggest or help

Thanks and Regards
K.P.Ramakrishnan