RMAN in RAC

From: vigi98 <vigi98_at_caramail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 12:37:30 +0100

Hi all,

I have a RAC DB with two instances, each on one node. I put the DB in archivelog mode and each instance archives its redo logs on a local directory (uoraarch1 for node 1 and uoraarch2 for node 2). To backup the whole database, I launch rman from one of both nodes and the backup set is put on a local directory, uorabackup.
For the restore, is it possible to put all files on the node from where I launch rman. I mean: I would put the backup set and all archived logs (those of both onstances) on a local directory, for example uorabackup but possibly another one. Or even, I would put all these files on different local directories.

This way of doing would make me avoid the annoying and dangerous NFS mount from the node from where I perform the restore towards the remote uoraarch.

Thanks for your help. In addition, I would say that I cannot use clustered file system because I'm in HP-UX and it does not exist in this OS...

I have another question: is the backup less or more wide than the original ? Received on Tue Dec 10 2002 - 05:37:30 CST