Oracle newbie... ORA-01031 and ORA-12154

From: Heiko Pliefke <heiko.pliefke_NOSPAM__at_erl9.siemens.de>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:47:23 +0100

Hi NG!

I'm an oracle newbie and had installed oracle reports server 6i, the oracle 8.1.7.0 personal edition, followed by an Apache, TomCat and Sun JRE. Then I imported an database-dump.

This is all for a java-application running in a browser with an apache web-server and tomcat-servlet-engine on the localhost!

Now I have a problem with the oracle database engine in the background. Since thursday i get TNS-errors - if i start the DBA, i'll get the ORA-01031: insufficient privileges!

And if i start the DB-Import, I'll get the ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name!

I solved the second error, because the programmer changed the SQLNET.ORA (NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN entry missed). But now I cannot start the application. The JRE runs into Exception Errors!

I don't know, what else changed since thursday, but i want to start solving this problem at the oracle DBA!
Does anyone know, why i get this ORA-01031 error? And how to solve it??

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thx a lot,

regards,

H. Pliefke Received on Tue Dec 10 2002 - 04:47:23 CST