Re: The Japanese Emporer and Oracle..

From: Jan Gelbrich <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 09:06:38 +0100

> The idea of a patch for the end-of-era thing just seemed kind of
> morbid the more I thought about it..

Well, it makes things difficult, of course, but I fear that there will be no other way.
Before time, nobody - including the Royal Family - will not know the new name of
coming eras. If I remember correctly, it took some time for the Japanese to give the after-Showa-era
the name "Heisei".

At least, Akihito is relatively young and may live as long as his father :)

ki wo tsukete kudasai !

Jan=) Received on Tue Dec 10 2002 - 02:06:38 CST