Re: optimal sql

From: Hanne Iren Midttun <hannem_at_tihlde.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 08:54:21 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Christoph Seidel wrote:
> Peter van Rijn wrote:
>
> > It partly depends on how big your tables are. It may also depend on
> > Oracle version.
> > It is quite easy to test their effectiveness by just doing some
> > testing yourself.
>
> about 2 million rows each table on ora 8i
> but i cannot test it now, my test environ has a few rows only, that's why i
> asked here

Make statistic in your production database (analyze or dbms_stats) and transfear the statistic to your test database. This is (in my opinion) the best way to test. At my work we do not have the oppertunety to clone the production database to test (space problems)

regards Hanne Received on Tue Dec 10 2002 - 01:54:21 CST