Help: Created a tablespace in another database file

From: Bretg <bretg80_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 Dec 2002 22:48:32 -0800

Somehow Oracle 8.1.7 on linux allowed me to create a tablespace in another database. These two databases use the same index tablespace and I have no idea how I got Oracle to do this, but now that it is done, I can't get figure out how to fix it. I have tried to edit the control files using the alter database backup controlfile to trace command. However, when I remove the entry that points to the other database, then I get the infamous ORA-0600 error.

I imagine I'm going to have to restore from tape unless anyone has any suggestions.

Bret Received on Tue Dec 10 2002 - 00:48:32 CST