Re: oracle 9i installation

From: damorgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 23:18:57 GMT

Misiabi wrote:

> Hi all,
> Need your help pls. I installed oracle 9i which took about 6hrs to go through.
> At the end , it was unable to install database configuration assistant and
> finished with - installation unsuccessful. I am now finding it difficult to get
> into database. I could invoke sqlplus but would get error
> ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
> when I tried to connect as sysdba. Any help?

What hardware?
What operating system?
Which version and edition of 9i
Have you checked to see if the listener is started? Have you checked to see if TNSNAMES.ORA is pointing to the right hardware and database?
Have you checked to see if the environment variables ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID are valid?
Have you tested TNS with the tnsping executable? Can you ping the server?

So many questions ... so few answers.

Dan Morgan Received on Mon Dec 09 2002 - 17:18:57 CST