Re: How to install help in oracle 9.2.0

From: mario <mario_jvn_at_yahoo.it>
Date: 9 Dec 2002 07:22:03 -0800

Shravana Kumar <kumar.shravana_at_blr.spcnl.co.in> wrote in message news:<3DF46172.244080F7_at_blr.spcnl.co.in>...
> Hello All,
>
> We are using oracle 9.2.0 on Solaris 8.
>
> I would like to know, How do I install help in oracle 9.2.0.
>
> I get the following error at sql prompt.
>
> SQL> help clear
> SP2-0171: HELP not accessible.

Hi Kumar,

Installing Command-line Help
The database administrator creates the SQL*Plus help tables and populates them with SQL*Plus help data. Before you can install SQL*Plus help, ensure that:

 n SQL*Plus is installed, otherwise, you cannot create and load the help tables.  n The default tablespace for the SYSTEM user is large enough to accommodate    the help system. You must have at least 128K of free space.  n The SQL*Plus help script files are available in    $ORACLE_HOME/SQLPLUS/ADMIN/HELP/ The help script files are:

 n HLPBLD.SQL - to drop and create new help tables.  n HELPUS.SQL - to populate the help tables with the help data.  n HELPDROP.SQL - to drop existing SQL*Plus help tables.

To install SQL*Plus help:

 1.Log in to SQL*Plus as the SYSTEM user with:    SQLPLUS SYSTEM/ your_password
   where your_password is the password you have defined for the SYSTEM user.  2.Run the SQL script, HLPBLD.SQL, from SQL*Plus with:    @$ORACLE_HOME/SQLPLUS/ADMIN/HELP/HLPBLD.SQL HELPUS.SQL Regards.

Mario from Rome, Italy, Europe Received on Mon Dec 09 2002 - 09:22:03 CST