Re: The Japanese Emporer and Oracle..

From: Daniel Holgate <danielholgate_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 Dec 2002 07:20:45 -0800

"Jan Gelbrich" <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de> wrote

Hi Jan. Yes, It's true that the two calendar systems are both understood and work in parallel. We could just use the western calendar, but my company wants to give its (internal) end users the choice of displaying dates in either format so they can choose the one which they are more comfortable with. I think we are going to have some upper managerment users (and in Japan that means _old_) for whom the Japanese-style dates will definately be their first choice!

The idea of a patch for the end-of-era thing just seemed kind of morbid the more I thought about it..

regards

Daniel