Re: oerr 6508

From: meekes_26 <member_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 04:36:54 +0000

Hi,

I have also encountered the same case.

I compiled some packages in one sqlplus window and tried to run it on another sqlplus window. When i run it, it gave me the ora-6508 error saying it could not locate the program unit being called. I am definitely sure that this is not due to some invalid package because i have made sure that all packages i am running are all valid. But if I disconnect and connect again on the same sqlplus window where i am running the packages, the program went thru successfully and it did not display any ora-6508 error. I have reproduced this case many times and it always occurr when i compile something from one session and use that compiled program on another session.

I am not mush well versed with oracle db administration, but does this have something to do with the share memory?

We have an oracle 8.1.7.2 on Sun Solaris Unix where this case is occurring. But previously we have an oracle 8.1.7.0 on Linux on another environment, but this case does not happen.

Does it have something to do with the env or the setup in the init.ora?